Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lost 4.4 pounds overnight!

You may or may not remember, but before we left WA I was playing around with my sister's "diet secret." She's lost something like 35 pounds quite easily over the past 6 months simply by having beans at a meal each day. What I discovered is if I have flax, lettuce salad and beans (not together!!) at some point during the day, I always lose.

Yesterday was the first day since we got here that I was able to do my "magic formula." My body apparently appreciated it! I dropped 4.4#!

So, today I'm contemplating making some more of those flax cookies (recipe posted previously) and black bean brownies... (I'll post recipe if I'm successful at modifying it.)

Menu yesterday for those interested:
b- flax cereal (in my book)
l- navy bean soup made with carrots, onions and pork sausage (I can post recipe if you want)
sn- leftover chicken salad, some snack mix and a blonde brownie (real)
d- crunch tacos with beans/meat, chz and lettuce. Extra lettuce.
sn- kettle corn (in my book), a few chips & ranch dip, coconut macaroons (made w/organic sugar)

Now I just need to keep this trend going... It is hard when I'm not cooking for myself! That's why I'm going to make some snacks that include my "magic" foods :)

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: