Saturday, June 23, 2007

Update on my 10+

Don't know how long I'll have, but I need to do an update, so here goes...

My neice and her daughter arrived after 4 days of driving from FL. She would have gotten here sooner, except she took a wrong turn in MT and ended up in Yellowstone National Park! Took her a full day out of her way getting here, but nice scenery :) She and her dd are doing well over all -- very little problems adjusting. They also have 2 chiuaua puppies who are very busy and terrorize my cat, but he'll be ok. We've figured out a way to keep them apart, and it's working. They've been here about 2 weeks.

D's neice, P, came to live with us last weekend and she's also adjusted very well.

My sis and her hubby came about 10 days ago for trucking school and that is fine as well. They have their own living space in their tent-trailer in the back yard, so that really helps. The guys are doing well in school.


Concerns:
1. B is still waiting to hear back from a special program that specifically works with disabled individuals doing janitorial work. The job is worth waiting for (they've verbally committed to hiring him, but are waiting on med records.) He needs to work SOON or won't be able to pay his bills next month.

2. D has to have "emergency" carpal tunnel surgery Very Soon. They are afraid she might have irreparable damage and could even end up paralyzed because she's waited so long. She's a music teacher... please pray.

3. Sh (my niece) needs a job.

4. That the guys will get really good jobs at the end of school so we can repay the debt we're incurring from having everyone living here! I'm trusting the Lord that we'll be able to pay off this 2nd mortgage and actually start paying down the first as well once hubby starts his new career.

5. That my ankle will continue to progress well. My docs and PTs are very pleased with my progress. They say I'm doing it just right. I'm done with pool therapy and start on land next week. I've been released to use one crutch in "secure" environments, but still have to use 2 any time I'm outside the house. I also have a new brace that I really like -- so much better than that boot cast!! It is a lace-up and has support for my arch.

OK, out of time. Thanks for praying!!

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: