Monday, June 15, 2009

Blood pressure, B-vitamins and less me!

Hi,

I've not taken my blood pressure for a while and since it has been an issue when I've not specifically been "doing something" for it, like apple cider vinegar, it has tended to be a bit high. I'm excited to report that I took it night before last and got a reading equal to my previous "lowest reading" I had posted in my blog -- 137/74. I was pleased! It's not "perfect," but is most definitely acceptable and not needing meds. Woo Hoo!! All I can attribute it to is this adrenal program I'm on, specifically thinking of the sublingual B-complex.

Also, I've not really lost any weight this month. It's been discouraging since I am on a "diet." I know the diet is not for the purpose of weight loss, rather to heal my adrenals, but I was hoping that would be a side effect! Last week I started wondering if things weren't maybe moving around, ie. inches lost. I nearly lost my pants at the store because of carrying things in my pockets. I had to give my stuff to my daughter. Then, I tried to wear a shirt yesterday that had previously fit, and it was too big. I weighed myself and have not lost anything significant since I started. I measured -- I've lost 2" pretty evenly distributed. That makes a total of almost 6" since starting, with no discernable weight lost! I've always said the scale was a cheat and a liar!

I'm going to do a "Three Day" diet with my friends hoping to straighten out their body clocks and help my own sleep pattern. We are going to only eat meat, green veggies, nuts, a little sour cream in the form of dip, pork rinds, salad dressing, butter or oil for the veggies and beans (dry legumes.) I'm also going to continue my "green drink" and my supplements. After the three days, then we will add some fruit and see how we feel. I'm hoping to get to where I do not need a nap at all, eventually.

Oh, and I've discovered that my Flax Cereal recipe (in my books) makes up quite nicely just by adding boiling water rather than putting it into the microwave. So easy!

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: