Thursday, July 09, 2009

Doing well and a new "favorite" site!

I'm doing well. I've continued to improve with the adrenal treatment, but did seem to hit some sort of stall or stalemate. I have had trouble getting back on track with the diet. I did start the three days with my friends then we got flown to another State for a job interview. We didn't get the job, but it was a wonderful experience with terrific folks! It gave us a good taste of what we are hoping to get into, career-wise. I stayed perfectly on track while we were gone, but when we got home, I lost it. I just couldn't seem to go a whole day "on-track" food-wise. I've re-started as of yesterday. I can't say I've done perfectly, but I'm certainly giving it my best and I'm not giving up.

My plan is to do CAD -- eat basic Low Carb then allow myself dessert at dinner if we have something like that. I want to have a serving of legumes (beans) and a serving of flax each day if I can get it in.

I'm still having issues. My three worst are getting up a lot at night, a nagging cough and sleepiness during the day (fatigue.) I decided to see if I could find a homeopathic remedy for the first and I found this wonderful site: ABC Homeopathy. It has a section where it "interviews" you like having a formal meeting with a practicing Homeopath! Really rather phenomenal... I picked those worst three symptoms and did the assessment. I found my remedy (causticum) and went to Whole Foods and purchased 30C dosage.

It was amazing. Just like the very first time I had a homeopathic remedy from Dr. Prem Dev back 12 years ago! The first thing I noticed was a clearing of my vision. I can read small print I couldn't read earlier today now. Also, I saw my chiropractor today after my remedy. My whole body adjusted better than it has been doing unless I'm medicated with pain meds of some sort (naproxen usually.) She was impressed. I noticed an immediate increase in energy and a relaxation at the same time. I told my daughter it was like I could either go for a swim or take a nap at the same time! I took another dosage this evening and I walked faster and more exuberantly than I have in probably 4 or 5 years -- since before I injured my ankle. I only needed to stop and rest once and that was when we were walking on pavement.

I thought maybe I should re-take the test, thinking about my ankle and spine. When I did, I came up with some of the same remedies as before, but not the main one. Then, I decided to look up the properties of causticum. Wow! It is like all my symptoms are there!! Even some of the crazy things that happened to me in my youth, (right side paralysis specifically), are listed. It is really wild, unimaginable, but it is there nevertheless.

I'm going to try to get my hubby and my son to do the assessment and maybe there will be a remedy for their issues as well??

No comments: