Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Safe Farmer's Breakfast

I fixed a "normal" Farmer's Breakfast for my guys this morning, and it smelled so good!  It had onions, potatoes, ham and eggs in it.  The onions and ham are big no-nos for me, and it was hard to stay out of it! Then, I reasoned that I could make myself some Safe Farmer's Breakfast -- without dairy, without gluten and IC friendly.

Safe Farmer's Breakfast
Makes 2 servings

Peel and dice one medium sized potato.  Place into an 8" frying pan coated with cooking oil spray.  Season lightly with sea salt (or a safe seasoning salt --  I make mine.)  Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are becoming tender.

Add about 1/2 cup diced cooked pork, (or chicken), and 1 to 2 teaspoons coconut oil to the potatoes.  Cover the pan and cook the mixture for about 4 minutes or until the meat is hot.

Beat 4 eggs with a little sea salt and pour over the meat and potato mixture.  Allow the eggs to partially set before stirring them.  Cook the eggs until they are firm.

Enjoy!

c2013 Sharron Long & Adams Media, Inc.

No comments: