Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Had an opportunity to speak with my friend's nephew...

I was able to speak with B a couple of times yesterday over the phone. The 2nd conversation we had quite a bit of time together (about an hour?) and I was able to share with him about the Armor of God (Eph. 6:9-18) and how important I've found it to be to actively put it on DAILY! We went through the scripture line by line and discussed it thoroughly, then we had a really good prayer time together. He shared with me that he'd been told by a pastor when he was in Bible College (I didn't know he'd been!) that he was called to Youth Ministry. Then he remarked that the calling was probably gone. Then I was able to share with him Romans 11:29. I like how the message puts it:

"God's gifts and God's call are under full warranty—never canceled, never rescinded."

He said, "but we can walk away from God and negate that call." I then asked him what would happen when we come back to God in light of that scripture. "The call would come back!"

I really feel like, if nothing else, B is going to be more detrermined to live his life for Jesus, not just for a paycheck. I did share with him about my father. He was called into ministry, but never fulfilled that calling. He was a nice guy, had friends and lived paycheck to paycheck his whole life. He didn't ever get serious about Jesus until 2 weeks before he passed on. I told B that I didn't want that for him, to which he agreed.

I, also, shared with him, just before we hung up, that whether or not we are serving Jesus, God is going to use us. At that point he got this "oh maybe I can get out of this!" attitude in his voice because he hadn't properly heard how I'd finished my sentence... I had said, "Yea, he can use you like he did Peter or like he did Judas!" When he caught what I said, he said, "Oh, I want to be used like Peter or John, not like Judas Iscariot!!" And we talked about it just a bit to make sure it went past his short term memory (his primary disability is short-term memory loss.)

Please keep praying. We are going to try to get him to come do a job search here -- I think my friend is going to talk to him about it today.

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: