Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Update on B and hubby 4-24

Hi there,

I realized it has been several days since I've done an update on my friends's nephew, B. Remember, the essence of his disability is that he's extremely easily swayed by "whomever is in his face!"

Well, he told his dad that he's moving here to get a fresh start, and his dad started "playing the martyr" and got B very upset. He was telling him things like "oh if you leave, I'll just die" and blubbering and crying and getting his cronies to do the same. Then told him more lies about his aunts. Very manipulative :(

B was so upset when he called us last evening. But we reminded him WWJD -- I actually had him write it on his wrist so that he could look at it when he's being verbally accosted!! We prayed with him a couple of times, and had him work this thing through in his own mind with us just using guiding questions. We discussed what it would be like for him if he stays where he is vs. coming to live here. We pointed out that Jesus said that he will reward those who leave friends, home and family for his sake will be rewarded 10 fold. In reality, that is what he would be doing.

He was much more at peace when we finished talking and praying with him. We intend to go get him very soon, but I wanted to know what his feeling was. I asked him, "B, when would you like to leave there and come here?" I told him to answer as if this were a perfect world and there were no obligations, etc. I wanted to know his heart... He said, "Tomorrow!" Please continue to pray for him to be stong. It just breaks my heart that so many people who "love him" are just using him and manipulating him for their own ends...

Next topic:
I think I mentioned that hubby's hernia has popped through AGAIN! This will be the 3rd time this one has been repaired. He saw a surgeon yesterday and surgery is scheduled for May 11. Guess he's going to have to have a pretty large incision this time...

Also, my eldest goes for her first orthodontics appointment today. Praise God we have the $$ for it! Please pray for our finances, though, as we've used all the rest of our savings on my medical bills and related expenses. I haven't even started PT yet and that is going to be pretty expensive plus D's surgery. Our current expenses exceed our current income by around $1500 a month. Even if I "could" work, I've been forbidden by my doc and also was denied by social security. Trusting the Lord for an answer!

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: