Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Praise Report!!


I have a praise report! :)

Let's see, first I tithed and gave our missions offerings. Then I roughed out our budget, and I wrote an email to my prayer group about our need $$. Then, I called SSA and found out the REAL reason I was denied was because we make too much $$ (by -$400 a month) and I didn't work the right amount during the right timeframe.



While I was sitting there listening to her tell me the real reason, I doodled a picture. I figured it would be easier to attach than describe. See how the first one is all shakey & wobbly and even a bit broken? When I got off the phone, I saw that and decided to draw a more "victorious" picture. I drew the 2nd. If you can't make it out, the word the big, muscular cross is smashing is "bills" -- this time it's the bills that are shakey and wobbly and Smashed! ("Denise" is the lady from SSA, fyi.)

So, nothing had really been accomplished, except, I think, a change in my mindset because of the doodle!

I hopped (remember, I'm on crutches) out to the living room because I'd been called for lunch. I ate my food and the phone rang. It was the finance lady from the hospital. See, we'd qualified for a reduction in payments, but we still owed well over $1000++ from my ER visits before I got insurance in January and continuing co-insurances. We've been paying $128.96 each month. She called to let me know she'd caught some more of my bills coming through the system, and that I'd sure been in there a lot lately. While we were talking, I told her that Dan is having surgery next month, & I don't qualify for SSA because we made too much by -$400. I asked if we could combine the accounts. She started talking then stopped short. She kind of sucked in her breath and asked, "How many people are there in your family? And how much is your gross income?"

She then told me they'd had a revision of their income guidelines and that we now qualify for a FULL WRITE-OFF!!! She's sending me the paperwork, so we will no longer have that bill! We won't get anything back that I've already paid (pooh), but I don't have to pay it this month!!

Talk about immediate answer to prayer :) :) :)

And, Jess' first orthodontist appt went just fine. The bill is paid-in-full -- ended up saving 25%. We have about $150 left from the $$ Dad gave us. Dan has a broken tooth, and with our discount card, I'm hopeful that will cover fixing it.

We also spoke to B last night and can really tell God is moving on his family!! Now, his maternal grandmother has been "on board" with the plan to move him here since she learned of it. She's even willing to help him financially to do so. She's a lovely Christian lady and is excited about him having the opportunity to get a fresh start and a ministry. His mother, sister and father have been giving him grief, though.

Well, yesterday, he spoke with his mom again. Apparently, Grandma had given her a call and explained it all to her. Now, she's on board and gave B her blessing! Woo Hoo! His dad even backed off yesterday. He's still unhappy, but resigned to the fact it is going to happen.

Thank you, God!! Prayer changes things and people!!

Poor B had to work from 1am till nearly mid-night last night. He called me about 9:15 almost in full-meltdown. He was so exhausted and frustrated, but I prayed with him. He felt better immediately and was able to quickly finish his work and head home. However, he is fully ready for us to come get him "tomorrow!"

Also, there is the problem of $$ for gas for the trip to get him. My friends's wheelchair van is a large consumer, so it will cost about $150 for the gas. God has provided that as well. I expect them to go Friday afternoon and come back either Saturday or Sunday. Please keep praying, as she'll be taking my children to help B pack up his stuff and load it. The little ones will go to keep B company while he drives in his car. J will be the muscles to help my friend with the packing and keep her company on the ride home!

Thanks again for praying!!

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: