Friday, January 11, 2008

Provision

I just wanted to share what God did the other day!

I've been praying for God to provide by some miraculous means. I've been reminding Him that it's His Great Name that is at stake here -- not really ours. See, we have "perfect" credit and I ALWAYS give God the credit for it (pun intended :) ) I always say that it is just by the grace of God that we've always paid all our bills on time. So, I've been reminding God of this.

DH had only gotten 1/2 paycheck on Friday because he had that time off over Christmas. It was not even enough to pay the most basic bills, much less groceries or gas. Sunday I decided to tithe, even though we really didn't "have it" -- I have some buffer money in my checking account to keep us from bouncing checks, so it was using some of that. Monday morning I was really intensely reminding God of His Name being on the line, and guess what came in the mail right around noon? A check for over-payment on our escrow account for ~$650! The other 1/2 of "DH's paycheck"!! :)

I'm so thankful for it -- we took the kids out on a family date to celebrate what God had done. We went to a little hole-in-the-wall Chinese buffet I'd seen while driving around looking for something the day before. It's called "Taste of Asia" in Vancouver, WA. Turns out this place is one of the Top 100 best Chinese Buffets in the entire nation!!! Oh baby!!! :p

Then I took the car to be DEQ'd and it failed, so we had to pay $280 for a new catalytic converter. If we hadn't gotten that check, I would not have been able to pay that bill. God is so faithful!!!

Praise God! I'm looking forward to what He's going to do NEXT :)

Blessings!
Sharron

No comments: