Saturday, September 27, 2008

Potassium! & Smoked Salmon Mousse Spread

I've increased the potassium in my diet because all my reading says I need to if I have high blood pressure. When I was in the hospital back in May and June, I was very low in potassium and they fed me 3 huge pills of it 3 times a day.

I've started eating a lot more fruit because that is what is high in potassium... particularly bananas. The other day, I had a banana and some bologna (separately, not together -- ewww!) and slept better than I have for a while. I've been waking up every 45 minutes to 2 hours, tops. I didn't know if it was just a coincedence or had something to do with it, but yesterday, I ate the same snack before bed and slept for almost 3 - 3 hour stretches!

New Recipe:  It can be gluten and wheat free if your fish is.

Smoked Salmon "Mousse" Spread

1/4 cup smoked salmon, boned and flaked (check ingredients!)
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Place all of the ingredients into a food processor (a blender won't work, trust me!), and process, gradually increasing speed until it is on "high." This will whip the cheese, making it light and fluffy. Serve on crackers or veggies. Makes about 8 servings.

c2008 Sharron Long, Adams Media Corp. all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~...........................................

Sharron Long said...

I'm sorry, you've posted several comments on my blog, but I can't read them. Unless you post in English, I won't be able to help you or answer your questions.
Blessings,
Sharron