Saturday, November 18, 2006

Made a bunch of jewelry

I'm feeling a lot better, and I had committed to donating some jewelry to a charity auction back in October. The auction is in December. Yesterday, we got it mostly all put together. It is a truly gorgeous set -- I hope that it does really well for their auction!! It is all white and peach grade A pearls and mother of pearl with sterling silver findings.

So, I was in the mood for making jewelry! I made another several piece set -- the one for the auction is a 7 piece set -- and this one I made today is something like 5 pieces. When I get it up on the website, folks will be able to purchase whatever parts of the set they want. That is why I'm making so many options. This set is really cool -- features a lot of shimmery, shiny goldstone and hematite plus some really cool silver Bali beads.

Then, my friend Martha came over and we went through the jewelry that is left from the summer sales. She loves pink and purple, especially purple, so it got me motivated on those colors. I made a very long pearl and gemstone necklace that is pink and magenta with matching earrings. It is just a 2 piece set. I think it is the longest one I've made thus far. I really like having my extra-long beading board!!


On EBay today I got a few books listed (www.stores.ebay.com/jamsgems4u):
PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE What Am I here for? Rick Warren HB
Don't ALL RELIGIONS Lead to GOD? Tough Questions #5 Wow
TOUGH QUESTIONS Leader's Guide Willow Creek Excellent!!
MASTERING the BASICS 1 Peter Study Guide EXCELLENT!!


*****

Leviticus 26:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
“I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land."

That is a good one. Here's another:

Psalm 91:5
New International Version (NIV)
"You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day"

That second one is really good -- there is nothing to fear at night, nor during the day. No fear for what you imagine or for what can happen that you can't control.

Re-train the mind. No fear. Peace that passes understanding instead....

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: