Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My First Post!

Here I am! Entering the great vastness of cyberspace with my own personal web-blog. A small speck in the pool of typefaces and settings and html...

I'd like to tell you -- whomever you are -- about me, my family and our home-spun businesses.

Me: My name is Sharron Long. I'm an author -- actually have written and published 3 books. You can see two of them at www.thelowcarbcook.com. Do you know what folks say about artists (of which I am one also) and authors? They call them "starving" that is what! Well, I'm not starving, but let's just say book writing doesn't pay as well as one would like, and that is why some authors are so prolific! I just don't have the time to write more books...

Why?

Well, I'm also a home schooling mom of three wonderful kiddos! I've got a teenager and two little kids who are terrific helpers to their mom and dad, but nevertheless, they do take time :)

Also, we have some e-commerce going on at the Long House! Our own website is www.jamsgems.com . We even just got our own Business License -- how cool is that? Our legal business name is JAMSGems4U. That is from our ebay store: www.stores.ebay.com/jamsgems4u . We have a whole lot of Gems for sale in our EBay store as well as our regular online store.

Our EBay store has essentially 4 main areas of focus: Books (Home school materials and curriculum, textbooks, fiction and non-fiction books, Christian fiction and non-fiction books, children's books, Bible study aids, etc.); Clothing (New and gently used Women's clothing, Men's clothing, children's and baby clothing); Jewelry Craft supplies (Beads, beading, glass beads, fine gemstone beads, 1/4 pound packs of fancy glass beads from around the world, fire polish faceted beads and other fun things); Christian & Family Games (Christian comics, games, puzzles, computer games and other family friendly leisure games).

Our family's site has a bigger focus on jewelry and the craft supplies, though I do plan to add a large section devoted to the Christian and family games.

Anyway, I'm planning to post to this whenever something exciting happens around the house or around our stores.

Like, just last night I added a whole bunch of puzzles to our EBay store! We've now got VeggieTales and BibleMan puzzles joining our other Christian and Family Games.

So far we have several PC games from VeggieTales (Minnesota Cuke and the coconut apes, Mystery of Veggie Island and Creativity City to name a few) and also several from Adventures in Odyssey (Treasure of the Incas, Sword of the Spirit and the Great Escape). We have a BibleMan game (Fight for Faith) and Catecumen -- that one is cool! It is actually based on historical facts. Very cool! We added a lot of PowerMark Christian comics yesterday too. Now, those are cool -- my kids loved the first issue so much it is all worn out!

Another thing I'm really excited about is Auctiva.com -- they have a free enhancement service for EBay sellers. Things that would normally cost over a dollar are free with their service! I especially like the ability to put multiple pictures on a listing and not have it cost any extra. Like just yesterday I listed a really nice pair of LizWear Jeans Petite Houndstooth pants and was able to put 4 pictures up so folks can really see how nice they are! Not just one shot from far away, but I was able to show a close up of the front, tags, back pocket. Very cool!

Well, the kids are just about done with their school work and it is time for lunch . Happy Blogging!

Blessings,
Sharron

No comments: