Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Natural, homemade body wash and deodorant

I've actually posted this before, but it is buried deep in this blog amidst a bunch of general chatter.  I thought it would be better to pull it out as a separate recipe to share.

Natural, homemade body wash and deodorant


Homemade Body Wash

This one is sooooo easy!  All that is needed is plain baking soda and water.  Make an emulsion by combining in a 2 cup measure or something similar

1 to 2 tablespoons baking soda
1 1/2 to 2 cups warm water

Scoop out and pour the emulsion all over the body.  Rinse well.  So easy, and cheap, too!


Natural deodorant

I've tried a number of things.  Some folks like putting plain baking soda powder under their arms.  That didn't work very well for me.  The best of the easy remedies from items around the house I've found is coconut oil.  Just dip the fingertips into the coconut oil and apply to the underarms.  Reapply as needed.

No comments: