Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Life goes on and God is still in Control!

I had a discouraging visit with my ND on Monday. After having such an upbeat on with my PA (PCP) last Thursday, it was a bit of a bummer! My PA was all smiles at me because I'm improving with my ankle and my BP had come down. Well, it was back up on Monday -- stress -- and my ND found a very noticible heart murmur. I'm not really sure what it all entails, but she was pretty upset.

I did find this article, which does seem to explain a LOT of what has been going on with me... http://www.consciouschoice.com/1995-98/cc093/hmd093.html

She also said my adrenals are shot (again), and was just generally not very happy with me (the state of my bod.)

Bottom line is I have to get "strict" with my daughter about preparing meals. She wants to go for the carby stuff, and I've just let her fix whatever she was willing to fix because it's already a big deal for her just to have to be cooking. Can't do that any more. We are going to have to do some better meal planning, and I've got to stop eating so much processed stuff (which is mostly what my daughter is willing/able to fix.) It is going to be a challenge. It isn't that she's got a bad attitude or anything, just she's overwhelmed from so much responsibility. Prayer appreciated!

Also, I discovered over the weekend that I'm lactose intollerant! Bah! Explains a lot though...

Oh, and my insurance has denied any more therapy with my ND -- gotta call and fight with them now!

...and life goes on, and God is still in Control!

No comments: