Monday, March 05, 2007

The Prayer of Jabez God’s blessings on your life!

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. I Chronicles 4:10

July, 2002 I felt very strongly that I was supposed to look into “The Prayer of Jabez,” by Bruce Wilkinson. I didn’t know anything about it at all. I had just heard many of my friends and associates say what an amazing little book it was!

My friend and I were co-teaching a ladies’ Bible study, (which in itself was rather odd since I’m a Children’s Church worker!), and we felt we were supposed to discontinue the rather uninspired book we had been studying in favor of the Prayer of Jabez.

She had studied it at her previous church and had a full compliment of notes. The first session, she lead the class in very simply out lining the prayer and encouraging us to pray it daily and see what results we would experience. I took the challenge!

I will share what has happened in my life since taking that challenge, but first I want to issue a warning: I know that many folks think of Jabez’s Prayer is a “get rich quick scheme” with God. That isn’t it, or at least it shouldn’t be! What I’ve learned is that the Jabez Prayer should be a passion -- a heart attitude of wanting the very best God has for you! If that includes riches and wealth, then so be it. If it doesn’t, then God’s will is supreme. This is not fatalistic, but rather trusting God’s wisdom to be enough for you...

The Bible study was on Wednesday night. That Saturday I was scheduled for an event to promote my book, “Low Carb Cooking at Sharron’s Place,” at a local distributor. In that one day, God fulfilled all four portions of the prayer!

The portions of the prayer are:
1. Bless me indeed -- that is LOTS of provision!
2. Expand my territory -- that is area of influence as well as land.
3. Let Your hand be with me -- guiding me and directing me.
4. Keep me from evil that I may not cause pain -- that nothing evil canharm me and that no one else would be harmed.

How those parts were fulfilled that day:
1. I sold a large amount of books!
2. My book was taken on by another distributor and placed intomany new stores. I also made several new business contacts.
3. The Lord lead all of my conversations -- I was able to witness for Him in a very real way!
4. I was protected from a direct verbal and spiritual attack from theenemy and the person who was being used in the attack ran away! No one was harmed.

Thus began my adventure with the Prayer of Jabez! It is still continuing...

Since living the Prayer of Jabez as a lifestyle, I have seen dramatic events in my life:1. My cookbook, “Low Carb Cooking at Sharron’s Place,”was recognized by a major publisher. They have taken it on and the new fully updated and expanded edition, tentatively titled “Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine,” is due out for Christmas 2003 sales! I could list dozens of miracle that go along with that except for space constraints.
2. God dramatically, in an instant, healed my food allergies. I am currently in the process of re-introducing all of my formerly violent allergens back into my diet!
3. We are truly blessed! In fact, the expression, “blessings you cannot contain” would be very appropriate! All of our cupboards, my pantry and freezer are always full to capacity.
4. God has expanded our territory -- we have purchased a home that is fully three times the house and nearly three times the yard as the home we formerly owned. It is a gorgeous home -- one that a Loving Father would chose for His children! All that, and our house payment is not going to significantly change!

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea! The Prayer of Jabez has been life changing for me and my family. It isn’t a get-rich-quick scheme, but God can and will use it in your life if you are surrendered fully to Him.

If you don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it is as simple as a prayer away! Just pray and ask the Lord to forgive you of the things you have done wrong and ask Him to take leadership of your life. Find yourself a good church -- any good, Bible teaching church will do -- and send me an email if you make that most important of all decisions!

No comments: