Monday, March 05, 2007

What About Apple Cider Vinegar? Some health benefits I’ve found.

Apple Cider Vinegar is one of those often misunderstood foods. It has been hailed as everything from a wonder-drug cure-all to a complete farce.

First of all, I want to clear up any misconceptions about what product I am talking about. I’m not referring to your run-of-the-mill basic store-bought clear amber colored apple cider vinegar. Rather, I’m speaking of golden-colored, cloudy, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Some claim to have the “mother of vinegar” in the bottle.

My experience suggests that as long as it is organic and unfiltered, it does not need to actually have the mother in the bottle.Originally, my doctor (ND) suggest I take apple cider vinegar as a digestive aid. As I started that program, I discovered some immediate health benefits:

1. Increased energy level.
2. Decreased appetite.
3. Better sleep quality.

That last one is a biggie! For someone with Chronic Fatigue / Fibromyalgia, sleep is about the biggest issue there is!

As I’ve continued taking apple cider vinegar as a supplement, I’ve also noticed some other health benefits:

4. I’ve not caught a cold or any other viral illness during the time I’ve taken it. For me, though, this isn’t that big of a deal -- I rarely get “sick” that way! It has been a boon to my children, though! They are definitely healthier than the normal child because of their diet anyway, but they do get colds and flus on occasion. When they’ve been exposed, or appear to be coming down with something, I fix them apple cider vinegar as a hot drink. It really seems to make their symptoms lessen considerably!
5. If you’ve read much of my site at all, you will know that I’m a “candida survivor” -- I have had a bad case of candida in the past, but it is currently in remission. How I monitor my condition is by the spittle test method. My test has shown clear for the past year and a half, with one exception after I had to go off the low carb way of life briefly for a medical issue. Since starting the apple cider vinegar, my tests are so clear that within two minutes of doing it, there is not even any evidence in the cup that I’ve spat!

There are so many other health benefits from taking apple cider vinegar that I haven’t personally experienced. You can do a Google search for more great info!

No comments: